Featured Post

Preparing for Fixed Income Buying Opportunity

Interest rates are going up.   And going up big, it appears.  I'm using the 1980s 10 year treasury interest rates of 15.84%  as referenc...

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Patiently Waiting for Lower Prices

I felt the stock market was too high before the COVID-19 pandemic.  Now the indices are near or above their all time highs, with earning lower, significant numbers unemployed and many small businesses at risk of failing.   There is too much confidence given the many unknowns.  To me, it seems the downside risks are higher than the upside potential.

I will continue to take profits, raise cash and wait.  I may even short a few stocks, such as cruise lines and airlines, which I believe have advanced far faster than recovery would support.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back  Wednesdays  for a new segment.

This is not financial nor investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2020 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: