Monday, June 22, 2020

Preparing for the Recession

"It ain't over till it's over." ~ Yogi Berra

The National Bureau of Economic Research has announced a recession began in February 2020.    The stock market didn't get the memo and is reacting as if the recession is over.  With all the economic disruptions from the pandemic lockdown, I think the recession is in the beginning stages and far from over.

I feel like stock market has given me a gift.  With indices near or above early 2020 highs, I can take profits or sell at lower losses than in March, which is what I am doing.

My next step is to review capability of our investment assets to support our current lifestyle during an extended period of negative or very small returns, which I will be doing with our financial advisor this week.

One option is I can being taking Social Security, instead of waiting until 70, which would mitigate some level of stock market losses if needed.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back Mondays  for a new segment.

This is not financial, investment, retirement nor economic advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2020 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: