Saturday, November 14, 2009

Accountability for Results

When I was working, we had a simple rule for accountability. Once I took over a project, I was immediately responsible for the outcome. If the project was a success, the team received the credit. If the project failed, it was my fault. I couldn't claim that my predecessor was the reason for failure. After all, my job was to ensure success, which meant making corrections if necessary.

Apparently, some in government do not have the same concept of accountability. There are still government officials that assign the slow economic recovery to the previous administration. HELLO, the previous administration has been voted out and has been out of office since January, 2009. Yes, the previous administration can be blamed for causing the crisis. However, I consider the status of the economic recovery to be the responsibility of the current administration.

For more on Reflections and Musings , check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial or policy advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: