Monday, November 02, 2009

Ready for a Correction or No Correction

Based on the market action on Friday, October 30, 2009, and the bankruptcy filing of CIT over the weekend, it appears the much anticipated stock market correction may be beginning, again. If the correction should finally happen, I will be ready to buy after about a 10-15% drop. My plan is to invest a no more than 20% of my funds at each buy point, in case the market keeps declining, as it did in October, 2008 through March, 2009.

On the other hand, I've been expecting a correction since May, 2009. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong again, and a correction does not occur. If the last week's market decline is another in a series of correction "head fakes," I have enough funds invested to participate in a continued advance.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: