I know hoarding physical items is not good. Same is true hoarding things to do.
Hoarding work creates a backlog of work that still needs to be done. It doesn't go away. Wait long enough and the backlog become insurmountable. For example, delaying saving for retirement can be devastating if one starts in their 60s. LOL.
My solution is to break work into small chunks and lead to small wins. For example, instead of sweating the final savings number for retirement, carve out much smaller monthly contribution and stick to it. For example, saving $158.15 a month for 40 years will become $1 million. I'm using the same principle on my home projects. Instead of carving out a large amount of hours, I put 1-2 hours per day on a project, take a break, and start it up again the next day or even later in the week. I did this with cleaning and staining our deck and I have been able to easily get the flooring cleaned and stained. I'm now doing the same with the slatted walls.
Hopefully, this new strategy and approach will help me get projects done and give my kids a good head start on their retirement savings. I think I will eventually get up to 4 hours a day on our home maintenance/improvement projects. Almost like going back to work again.😎
This is not financial, saving, retirement nor home maintenance advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments:
Post a Comment