Monday, February 13, 2012

No Eating After Dinner

One of my goals is to get down to my starting college weight, which is a 10% loss from my weight at retirement..  Although I have achieve the weight twice, I haven't been able to maintain it.  Typically, I will hold the weight for about a week and then regain about 2-3% of the weight lost.

Although I've used a number of strategies for losing and maintaining my weight, there is still one I haven't done:  not eating after dinner.   This has a few benefits.  I am not eating for about14 hours (6PM to 8AM) and therefore, will be using calories stored in my body.  I go to bed earlier because I'm not snacking and feel tired.  I get up earlier because I am hungry and can't wait to eat a big breakfast.

I've been doing this for about a week and I've lost about 1% of my weight.   It also feels like this approach is sustainable.   So I'm going try this approach for the rest of February and check my results.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday  for a new segment.

This is not financial, health or weight loss advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

AlexCalder said...

Looks great! Good luck to your weight loss plan.

Weight Loss Motivation