Friday, December 10, 2010

Thinking about Reunions

The Last Reunion (subscription may be required) by Byron Wien in The Wall Street Journal got me thinking about my classmates from elementary school though college. That evening, I even pulled out my high school year books and reminisced about the trials and tribulations of those four years. It was fun reading the comments that were written over 35 years ago by friends and acquaintances.

I attended my 5 year high school and my 5, 10 and 15 year college reunions. Since then, I stopped attending probably because the present and future were more important in my life. However, now that I'm retired, my interest in reconnecting with old classmates and friends has increased.

Next year will be 35 years since I graduated from high school. As a start, I will check with a few classmates with whom I have maintained contact and check if there is an interest to reconnect at a reunion even if it is not formally organized. It would be great to see old friends, remember the fun times we had and learn about each other's lives since high school.

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday for a new segment.

This is not financial or social advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: