Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #17

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

2006

Be Healthy and Get Wealthy - On average, healthier people are wealthier.


2007

More Than 40% Pay Zero Federal Income Tax - All of the income tax burden is carried by the 60% that do.

When Parents Can Be Claimed Dependents On A Tax Return - Whether a parent can be claimed as a dependent on one's tax return depends on two criteria.

Our Journey To Financial Freedom #10 - When Preparation Met Opportunity - The tenth and final post in the financial freedom series.


2008

Comments I've Received about Early Retirement - I still don't get the question that I think is most important.


2009

Our Approach for Choosing a Contractor - Here are some of the criteria we use.

Real Estate is not a Sure Gain - Some assumptions underestimate the risk and expenses of keeping real estate.

Becoming My Parents - I seem more like my parents the older I get:-)

Maximizing our Social Security Benefits - Here's one option we're considering to maximize our payments form Social Security.

Choosing Certainty or Additional Returns - We choose certainty for short term funds and additional returns for longer term funds.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, investing, tax, or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: