Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #20

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.


2006

Secrets to Career Success - Get a Jungle Guide - One way to develop good judgment is to get a mentor, or to use the Liar's Poker analogy, a jungle guide.

Has Your Cheese Moved? - Here’s my review of the motivational book Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson, M.D. that is about dealing with change.

How Much Allowance to Give - Here are my thoughts on giving an allowance, which we haven't started yet.

Why I Don't Use DRIPs Any More - To me, DRIPs are not worth the record keeping effort that is required.


2007

Brushing Up On Job Interviewing Skills - Since I had hiring responsibility in the job from which I retired, I know how the process works from the hiring side. I found it interesting to be on the other side as the interviewee.

Dealing With Issues That Can Ruin Retirement - I evaluated Bankrate.com's article on nine ways people can negatively impact their retirement.


2008

Timeless Financial Strategies that also Work in Early Retirement - Here are the strategies from my working years that we will continue to use in retirement.

Set Deadlines to Achieve Financial Goals - Deadlines help me better prioritize tasks and focus on the most important ones.


2009

Ways to Keep from Growing Wealth - Here are seven ways to stay poor from an MSN.com article.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, personal development, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: