Monday, January 02, 2012

A High Dividend Portfolio in Retirement Accounts

For 2012, my plan is to build high dividend paying stock portfolios in our retirement savings accounts. My target is to create a portfolio of stocks that pay 3-4% dividends and have a history of increasing dividend payouts.  The reason for executing this plan in retirement accounts is to avoid short term volatility being an issue.  I won't be able to withdraw from my retirement accounts without penalty for over five years which will give the investments time to recover from any short term declines.

Stocks that I will be considering include the Dogs of the Dow and S&P high dividend yield stocks .  I will also try to buy on dips to maximize the dividend returns.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.


This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: