Featured Post

Preparing for Fixed Income Buying Opportunity

Interest rates are going up.   And going up big, it appears.  I'm using the 1980s 10 year treasury interest rates of 15.84%  as referenc...

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Blog Therapy

I am, therefore, I blog.  It's my therapy.

I restarted blogging daily on My Wealth Builder on August 21, 2025.    Since then, I have posted one blog, or more, every day.

I started blogging the year of my dad's death in 2006.  It was a substitute for talking to my dad when he was alive.  I quickly started blogging everyday, but started tailing off after 5-6 years and even skipping 2014.  From that point, I blogged at a low level, maybe a few times a month.   Instead, I started connecting with long ago friend groups via annual holiday get togethers.

Then COVID struck. I decided at that time to have more connections via email with some college roommates and friends. These are guys I bonded with, lived through ups and downs and were life time bros, or so I thought.  I would share my thoughts, opinions, complaints and interesting experiences with them.  In addition, I would get their input on simple issues I had, like installing new interior door knobs.

I soon learned they didn't want to hear my thoughts, opinions, complaints and experiences, to the point of bantering turning into giving me grief.   Once one them cussed me out in front of my children because I was not voting for his candidate for President.  (For reference, I voted for an independent candidate and he was voting for one of the major party candidates.)  When he started bullying me after the election, I decided it was time to pull back significantly on communications, despite his apology for inadvertently, in his mind, insulting me.

It was time for me to stop over communicating with great friends from the past expecting the same result. I realized it's hard to bring back the best of the past. People have become different from who we once were, which is the way of the world.  

Thus, I returned to blogging.  I needed an outlet for my thoughts and ramblings. My blog lets me discuss without judgement. Blogging is better than any diary I could keep.  I enjoy the opportunity.  No one is bothered or needs to help me.  I find joy in posting.   Everyone wins.  

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor therapy advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: