Featured Post

Financial Kryptonite for Building Wealth

For me, here's my Kryptonite that destroys wealth building: Living above my means. Not paying myself first when earning a paycheck. IMHO...

Sunday, October 04, 2026

$1000 to Replace Four Tires on my F-150

We decided to replace the tires on all three cars since they were over 5 years old and two of them had over 50,000 miles on them.   For the two cars, it was about $700 at Costco.  I just got the cost for changing my 2003 F-150 tires, over $1000, despite costing only $660 in 2018, and that included a discount for no cost installation..

I was shocked at the quote, despite knowing Costco usually has the lowest tire prices.   I asked why the price had gone up.  They responded that tire prices started going way up during Covid due to a silica shortage and the prices have never come down.

The tires on have 33,000 miles on them and have good tread.  However, they are 8 years old, and the rubber has deteriorated due to age.  Also, I noticed that my tires were slipping sometimes when starting from a stop on a wet road.   I decided to bite the bullet and pay $1000 for new tires, mainly for safety reasons and the current plan is to keep the truck a few more years.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor tire advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: