Featured Post

Preparing for Fixed Income Buying Opportunity

Interest rates are going up.   And going up big, it appears.  I'm using the 1980s 10 year treasury interest rates of 15.84%  as referenc...

Monday, October 05, 2026

Patiently Waiting for 10% 10 year Treasury Yields

I expect interest rates to go up much further.  President Trump apparently doesn't care.   Secretary Bessent is incompetent, thinking the Treasury is the "house," and Fed Chair Chief may soon be all Warshed up, pun intended.   Bond vigilantes aren't going to let the U.S. get away with $40 trillion of national debt.

My plan is to wait and see.   The 10 year yield was over 15% at the peak in 1981.  Maybe it won't hit 10%, but I think higher is very likely.  I'll be patient and wait to buy more fixed income.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday  for a new segment.

This is not financial, bond nor investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: