Featured Post

Financial Kryptonite for Building Wealth

For me, here's my Kryptonite that destroys wealth building: Living above my means. Not paying myself first when earning a paycheck. IMHO...

Friday, October 02, 2026

Financial Mistakes of High Income People - from Subreddit Thread r/Wealth

A popular and my favorite answer was a mistake of not keeping, "Same spouse, same house, same car."

I fully agree.  I've been married 31 years to the same person.   Terrific spouse.   Great kids.   23 years in the same house.   23 years with same cars we bought new.  A third car is one that we bought from my MIL when she moved into independent living, which is 14 years old.

Of course, there are exceptions:   Bezos, Muskman, and Billy Gates.  Even so, I wouldn't want to trade my life for theirs, despite the billionaire status.   I'll stay with my "same spouse, same house and same car."

For more on Reaping the Rewards , check back every Friday for a new segment.

This is not financial, wealth building nor wealth preservation advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: