“A welcoming coffeehouse where people gather, and where we serve the finest coffee, handcrafted by our skilled baristas.” New Starbucks Brand Positioning.
TBH, as a 68 year old retired boomer this brand position has no impact on me and doesn't cause me to want to be a customer.
- The experience of being in a Starbucks doesn't appeal to me. Coffee is coffee as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, my college student daughter goes to Starbucks regularly. My 14 year old son doesn't have a preference.
- Starbucks coffee costs too much for me to enjoy. I may buy it on vacation, which I've done a few times when there is no other choice, like an airport.
- I know the current CEO also turned around Chipotle after a stint with Taco Bell. While I'm impressed with the turnaround, I will wait an see for Starbucks.
Disclosure: I'm an engineer, not a marketer, so my opinion does not reflect the "true" consumer benefit of the new brand positioning.😂
This is not financial nor brand positioning advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments:
Post a Comment