I do summary of my account statuses at the end of every quarter. I decided to take a peek at the expected results for the quarter ending 9/30/2026. The accounts are mostly down from last quarter with a couple down for the year and one that is up. I'm not worried...yet.
Here's why I'm not worried:
- Almost all the declines are due to falling principal values in bonds, CDs, and bonds funds.
- Stocks, as a group, have advanced slightly since 6/30/2026. The stock index funds and individual stocks have done well overall. Some of my buy the dip stocks have advanced as much as 100% this quarter.
- Bonds, CDs and bond funds are expected to keep paying the same amount for interest and dividends.
At this point, I believe that inflation and interest rates will continue to go up, despite claims to the contrary from the Trump administration. Thus, I expect the principal values for my bonds and bond mutual fund to keep dropping.
Oh well....
This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments:
Post a Comment