Featured Post

Financial Kryptonite for Building Wealth

For me, here's my Kryptonite that destroys wealth building: Living above my means. Not paying myself first when earning a paycheck. IMHO...

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Always Thinking When Awake

When I recently discovered that "always thinking" is not normal, I realized that describes me:  I'm always thinking.  I didn't ever think always thinking was abnormal.  From the Internet, "always thinking" is a sign of possibly OCD, ADHD, or anxiety among other things.   Another side effect is taking a long time to fall asleep.

Well, I admit I have OCD and ADHD tendencies, but not so much anxiety issues.  Also, I usually have no trouble falling asleep, usually in 2-5 minutes, which surprises my spouse and daughter since takes them as much as 30 minutes to an hour to fall asleep.

I guess that's why I enjoyed doing sports since I don't "think" during the activity.  I put all my energy, focus and strength in performing and don't remember thinking.  However, my memory cells must be kicking in since I accurately remember a lot of what occurred even years later, which is a symptom of being OCD.

At this time, I haven't concluded or resolved what this action means.  I guess I'll have to keep thinking about it.😎

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor psychological advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: