Featured Post

Achieving Financial Freedom - I've Retired In My Forties

"I did it." - our three year old when accomplishing something. Yesterday was my last day at the office. I've retired, in my f...

Wednesday, September 09, 2026

Nine Numbers that Matter More than Net Worth for Retirement

I thought the following article was an excellent summary for the total financial elements of retirement.


Below are the description headers for the nine numbers, which the article describes in more detail. 

1. Income-to-expense gap
2. Annual spending needs
3. Withdrawal rate
4. Health care costs
5. How much Social Security covers
6. Years of cash reserves
7. Tax rate during retirement
8. Years your retirement needs to last
9. Debt-to-income ratio

Although I started out using Net Worth as the metric, I have evolved to covering the other 9 numbers during retirement. 

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor retirement advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: