Featured Post

Financial Kryptonite for Building Wealth

For me, here's my Kryptonite that destroys wealth building: Living above my means. Not paying myself first when earning a paycheck. IMHO...

Sunday, September 20, 2026

I Don't Answer Phone Numbers I Don't Recognize

We get a lot of unsolicited calls on our landline.  A few years ago, I started using the call ID to decide whether to pick up on the phone or not.  If I didn't recognize the number, I let it go to the answering machine.  Over 95% of those calls didn't leave a message.   On the occasion, the caller was known, I could easily pick up after they started leaving messages.  For reference, I have a good memory for numbers I've seen before, a curse from being OCD,  I think.

At first a few unknown callers, especially political robocalls would leave messages. However, we've only received 2 political robocalls that left messages.  No other unknown callers have left messages.

Up until this year, my spouse would routinely answer all calls, despite my warning it may be an undesirable call.  Often she would end up listening for few minutes and then say, "We're not interested."  This year, she started not answering all calls and letting them go to the recorder.  Woohoo!

We still get a lot of unknown callers.  But almost 100% don't leave a message and we no longer waste time listening to telemarketers, who call despite us being on the no call list, and political campaign calls.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor telephone advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: