Featured Post

Achieving Financial Freedom - I've Retired In My Forties

"I did it." - our three year old when accomplishing something. Yesterday was my last day at the office. I've retired, in my f...

Friday, September 11, 2026

Retirement Payment Strategy Being Tested

The recent volatility is testing my comfort with the retirement "paycheck" strategy.  My goal was to be volatility agnostic by creating a retirement "paycheck."  

This has worked so far, until this week. Due to interest rate increases, my fixed income and municipal bond positions have been falling...significantly since I started owning them earlier this year.   I have started to become concerned about volatility, especially with AI related positions, such as memory stocks.  I decided to sell my MU positions for a good profit of 23-34%.

Overall, I'm still continuing to hodl, but my conviction is wavering for the first time purchasing my "buy the dip" stocks earlier this year in February 2026.  Also, my municipal bond funds, which have been amazingly stable this year, are dropping as much as 1% in a day.  Finally, I expect some of my accounts my show a loss for 2026 due to fixed income and municipal bond fund principals falling in September.

Oh well, I shall see how it goes this month.   As they say, "It works until it doesn't."   

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement income, nor retirement advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: