Featured Post

Financial Kryptonite for Building Wealth

For me, here's my Kryptonite that destroys wealth building: Living above my means. Not paying myself first when earning a paycheck. IMHO...

Friday, September 18, 2026

R.O.M.E.O.

Retired Old Men Eating Out.

I attended my first R.O.M.E.O. lunch, which was organized by my church.  I thought a few people I know would be there, but they were all members that I met for the first time. 

Overall, the lunch went great.

First, it was a local bar/restaurant which I had never been to before, but passed by many times.   The food was great.  I had the pizza, but I noticed the choices by others were excellent.

Second, we had brief introductions and some were long, though I kept mine short.  It turns out the attendees are always different, so introductions are the norm.  A couple folks were Vietnam veterans.  Some had retired from the major companies in our area.  All had grandkids, except me.

Third, other than family activities and interesting stories, aches, pains and necessary surgeries were a big part of the conversations.  Most were around 10 years older than me and it gave me a glimpse of a possible health future. There were no political discussions or comment.

Fourth, my favorite comment was R.O.M.E.O. should be changed to Retired Outstanding Men Eating Out.

Fifth, I enjoyed enough to attend again.  I just have remember to sign up each month on the church newsletter.

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday for a new segment.

This is not financial or socializing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: